Thursday, June 30, 2011

27 weeks


So Mom and Dad, Mike and Maren, Sarah and Chris and their families are all in town and with the rest of us living in the surrounding areas we’ve been able to have the whole family together! It’s been lots of fun. Monday night we had sandwiches with most of the siblings (mom and dad weren’t here yet and Josh had class that night and was in the process of moving) it was lots of fun to chat and everything. Last night we had the whole gang together had pizza, chatted and played with all the kiddos. Tonight we’re having a girl’s night to celebrate Maren and me being pregnant. (We’re both having girls!! So fun)

Today we had a doctor check up and everything looks great! Blood pressure looks good. I’ve only gain 6 pounds so far which our doctor said that’s not a lot of weight gain but she’s not concerned about it at all. The baby is getting everything she needs and is doing great. I had to do the glucose test. Where you drink this sugar filled drink then have your blood drawn an hour later to see how your body reacted to all the sugar. It’s to check to see if you have gestational diabetes. I think 1 in 4 pregnant women develop it. I’ll get the results back in about a week. I got the RhoGam shot done today as well… my bum is sore. I needed the RhoGam shot because I’m O- blood type. Our doctor said that I shouldn’t have to get my blood drawn, have any shots or be poked again until labor so that’s nice. That’s pretty much it!

No comments: